Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman held a press conference at 1 pm on Thursday. The announcements made during today’s press conference we’re especially dedicated to the urban-rural poor and daily waged laborers.
The announcement did by Nirmala Sitaraman’s was:
1. We have come with a welfare package to help the poor and the ones who need immediate help.
2. Finance Minister thanks the front line workers and express her gratitude to ASHA workers, doctors, sanitary workers, paramedics. She announces an insurance cover for them of Rs 50 lakh per person.
3. “No one will go hungry,” the PM Garib Kalyan scheme package is worth Rs 1.7 lakh crore.
4. She announces 5 kg of rice or wheat-free of cost for the needy.
5. cash transfer to benefit :
Farmer, MANREGA, widows /pensioner, Jan Dhan Yojana, etc.
6. Rs 2000 to be transferred to immediately in the first week of April to farmers.
7. Per person 5 kg rice or 5 kg wheat for free for 3 months; 1kg of pulse per household as per regional preference.
8. 8.69 crore farmers will be immediately benefited through direct cash transfer. Installment of Rs 2000 in the first week of April will be transferred.
9. Women Jan Dhan account holders will receive Rs 500 In their accounts so that they can take care of their household. This will happen for the next 3 months.
10. Ujjwala scheme women will be given free cylinders for the next 3 months. This will benefit 8.3 crude BPL families
11.under National rural livelihood mission scheme Collateral loans will be doubled Rs 20 lakh for women.
12. Under PM, Garib Kalyan, the government will pay the EPF contribution for both employer and employee for the next 3 months. This is for an establishment with up to 100 employees, where 90% earned less than Rs 15000 per month.
13. This will benefit 4.8 crore workers. The PF scheme regulation will be amended because of coronavirus to allow employees to draw non-refundable advance of 75% of the amount standing to credit or 3 months wages, whichever is lower.
14. Workers Welfare Fund of Rs 31,000 crores to be utilized for construction workers. We plan to direct the state government to help 3.5 crore construction workers to this end.
15. Request State government utilize district mineral funds for coronavirus testing and medicines.