Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a first-person shooter video game that was released on 25th October 2019. It is developed by Infinity Ward, published by Activision and written by Ben Chaney, Justin Harris, Brian Bloom, and Taylor Kurosaki. The video game serves as the sixteenth overall installment in the Call of Duty series, and it’s platforms include Xbox One, Microsoft Windows and PlayStation 4.
The campaign showcases the collaboration of a CIA officer, British SAS forces, and the rebels from the fictional country of Urzikstan to fight against the Russian invaders of their country. The game has a special Ops mode that allows cooperative play missions to follow up on the campaign’s story.
According to the 2019 reviews of E8, the game was a subject of controversy, in the beginning, considering its availability of child soldiers and the liberty to shoot civilians, including infants. In fact, “fifteen minutes of cold intense ruthless killing” was what Ben “Yahtzee” Croshaw of the Escapist Magazine had to say about the game. Post its release, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare received mixed reviews and opinions from people.
However, a new update in the game is available to download since 28th April 2020, and it’s full of new surprises. Here is a list of things that are new with respect to this recent update:
1) MK9 Bruen LMG: This is a new weapon added to the collection and is said to highly accurate and reliant in terms of any damages. It can be unlocked by the Encryption bundle or with the completion of an associated challenge.
2) Fire Claw III Bundle: This is a brand new bundle available in the game and includes a tiger-themed charm, a crown-themed spray, and the Legendary striped ‘By The Toe’ SMG.
3) Gunsmith Customs: This feature allows the mix and match of attachments by using the blueprints of the same weapon.
4) Pyromaniac Bundle: This new bundle includes a new weapon blueprint, flaming Throwing Knives, finishing move, and the Firestarter skin for Krueger.
5) Shoot The Ship: This is a small map playlist made for chaos and features the Shoot House and Shipment.
6) Obsidian Weapon Camp: this new feature has been given the title of “the true sign of mastery.”
7) New Warzone Contract: This update is for the warzone players who can select a ‘Most Wanted’ contract, which enables them to make themselves a Bounty Target for all teams.
Infinity Ward announced that this update comes at about 15GB and will be mandatory for all PS4, Xbox, and PC users.