Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo is a Historical Romance-Drama South Korean television series. It is based on the Chinese novel Bu Bu Jing Xin. ‘Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo’ Season 1 premiered on SBS from August 29, 2016, to November 1, 2016. Now Fans are Eager to watch Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo Season 2!
It follows the story of a 25-year-old 21st-century woman, Goes Ha-jin. During a total solar eclipse, she was transported back in time to the Goryeo Dynasty. She then wakes up in the year 941 in the body of Hae Soo ( a 16-year-old), among the many royal princes of the ruling Wang family.
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo Season 2: Cast
- Lee Joon-gi as 4th Prince Wang So
- Initially known as the cruel and aloof one among the princes, he is both feared and misunderstood by those around him. He begins to change because of Hae Soo, who quickly realizes that his coldness was a front to hide his pain.
- Lee Ji-eun as Go Ha-jin / Hae Soo
- A girl with a painful life who travels back in time. She is an optimistic girl and can’t stand injustice. Also, she becomes the first one to understand Wang So’s pain and decides to help him. She cares deeply for her loved ones. Initially, she develops feelings for the 8th Prince but later falls for the 4th Prince.
- Kang Ha-neul as 8th Prince Wang Wook
- He is a kind man who deeply cares for the people around him. His kind charms make Hae Soo fall for him.
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo Season 2 Storyline and Release Date
Moon Lovers is a historical romance story with dramatic time travel. According to Silver Petticoat Review,
It ends with the 9th Prince being executed.Meanwhile, the King remains distant from the queen, Yeon-Hwa, and their son.
A few years later, the King sees 14th Prince with his daughter. He demands to know who she is and then sees Hae-Soo’s hairpin in the girl’s hair. 14th Prince begs the King not to take her to the palace as this was Hae-Soo’s last wish. The King surprises 14th Prince by instead asking him to visit the palace often with the girl.
More years roll by. 8th Prince passes away. And, ultimately, the astrologer Ji-Mong is the last to leave the King. He tells him that he believes Hae-Soo was from a different world.
Hae-Soo wakes up in the present time in her house. She wonders at her dream and the tears on her face. We learn that she was in a coma for a year from almost drowning.
The Death of Hae-Soo was very tragic and the love between the 4th Prince and Hae-soo brought tears in the eyes of the viewers. The series got a despairing but justifiable ending. All the characters were well written.
Also, most importantly, the series wasn’t left in a Cliffhanger. So there are very slim chances of season two. And even if we get Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo Season 2, it won’t be well before 2023.
Until we come back with More Updates about this Series, you can check Classroom of the Elite Season 2 & more.
For More News Stay tuned with Herald Journalism.