Nichijou is an anime adaptation of a comedy manga series of the same name. The Japanese anime series had 26 episodes which aired from April to September 2011. It was directed by Tatsuya Ishihara and produced by Kyoto animation. The critics received reserved praises initially, saying that the series was found lacking in consistent humor and substance. However, retrospective reviews gave a thumbs up to the series deeming it as a surreal comedy. Nichijou Season 2 coming soon?
Nichijou Season 2 Release Date
For almost a decade now, fans have been demanding the renewal of Season 2. Yet, Kyoto Animation has remained mum ever since. Well, one of the main reasons behind the delay lies in the anime’s source material. We don’t know if it will ever return. Read this article to know all that we know so far. The first season was released a decade ago which makes it extremely difficult for the writers to create a story that will connect with the audience after a gap of so many years.
In an alternate universe, Nichijou season 2 exists. pic.twitter.com/lxFMJIuTts
— 東雲 なの machines (@PKOctobot) August 7, 2019
Before the emergence of international streaming platforms, the return of anime adaptations was pretty difficult. For a couple of years, sequel anime installments have become common. The streaming services have picked up shows on the verge of cancellation in the last few years. This, Nichijou season 2 still has a chance to make a comeback if any international streamer shows interest.
The fans of the anime have signed many petitions to request the second installment. As long as there are loyal and die-hard fans, we can expect a sequel. If Netflix or any other production studio is not interested in a sequel, they can very well make a reboot. In the last few years, many shows made a comeback in the form of reboots. Some of the examples include Sailor Moon, Fruits Basket, Cardcaptor Sakura, and others. Thus, if Nichijou remains in demand, the show might come back in the form of a reboot.
As of now, no production company has shown interest in Nichijou Season 2. Hence if at all, the anime makes a comeback, it will release in late 2021 or early 2022. No announcement was made in 2020 and the anime series takes at least two years in production.
For nine years fans have been waiting for the sequel of the series. However, the makers have not confirmed or denied the sequel. Nichijou remains the top topic among fans. The first season was high-rated by the viewers and had a massive fan following. Since then everybody has shown keen interest in the second installment. Yet the makers have been apathetic towards the series. Will Nichijou Season 2 continue on this?
The manga series released ten volumes between 2007 and 2015. This implies that the popular comedy manga has already ended. Hence the second installment of the anime series has no original content to follow. As the manga series has ended, the writers will have to work extremely hard to write the plot. Unfortunately, the anime series has no purpose to return. However, the first season adapted the first five volumes of the manga. Hence the makers have five more manga volumes to adapt into an anime. If the second installment covers the remaining content, it will end the anime series.
Nichijou Season 2 Cast and Characters
The series got an English dub. Below is the list of the cast of Nichijou Season 2
- Jad Saxton as Hakase Shinonome
- Leah Clark as Mio Naganohara
- Brittany Lauda as Mai Minakami
- Monica Rial as Nano Shinonome
- Anthony Bowling as Sakamoto
- Morgan Garrett as YuukoAioi
- Seth Magill as Koujirou Sasahara
- Madeleine Morris as Misato Tachibana
- Kyle Igneczi as Tsuyoshi Nakanojou
- Tabitha Ray as Izumi Sakurai
- Shawn Gann as Mr. Takasaki
- Dallas Reid as Makoto Sakurai
- Emily Neves as Mihoshi
- Kara Edwards as Fe
- Kathryn Taylor Rose as Weboshii
- Kristen McGuire as Annaka
- MaxeyWhitehead as Yoshino Naganohara
- Stephen Fu as Kenzaburou Daiku
- Francis Henry as Principal Shinonome
- Charlie Campbell as Kousuke Oura
- Lydia Mackay as Ms. Nakamura
- Mark Stoddard as Mr. Tomioka
- Hayden Daviau as Word-Time Narrator
- Tyson Rinehart as Tanaka
- Apphia Yu as Sekiguchi
- Howard Wang as Ogi
- Gregory Lush as Akagi
- Derek Whitener as Chiyoda
- Matt Shipman as Katashina
- Alex Moore as Tsukiyono
- Greg Ducle as King Albert
- David Novinski as Dolph
- Sterling Gafford as Male Soldier 8
— snowtenkey (ok 4/4 slots already???) (@_snow118) December 31, 2020
- Emi Lo as Princess Starla
- Chuck Huber as Oguri Cap
- Marissa Lenti as Yuuko’s Mom
- Brian Mathis as Masaharu Egi
- Nicole Endicott as Kimiko
- Phillip Weber as Shinonome Narrator
- Tyler Walker as Buddy
- Terri Doty as Kiyoshi
- Sarah Wiedenheft as Mitsuo
- Zach Bolton as Policeman
- Megan Shipman as Tamamura
- Sonny Strait as Crow
- Alison Viktorin as Biscuit 2
- Kenny Green as Monk
- Doug Jackson as Nakanojou’s Father
- Erika Larsen as Pyon
- Cris George as Captain
- Bill Jenkins as Officer
- Austin Tindle as Scholar
Watch the trailer of season 1.
Until we come back with more updates, check out Globin Slayer Season 2 and more.
For more news and updates, stay tuned to Herald Journalism.