Telegram is a messaging app that has end-to-end encryption which makes it very much secure. The app offers various special features like creating a group with 200,000 members, broadcasting channel, or share big files. Though the app isn’t as popular as its competitor WhatsApp, it still has an upper hand for being more secure and offering better features. But you want to continue, here is how to delete Telegram account.
Privacy Concerns of Telegram app
The app is supposed to secure and private messaging app but it went to some privacy concerns just after its launch in 2013. By default, the conversation sender and the receiver are not secure. If the secret chat feature is enabled the secure but if not, it gets saved in Telegram’s servers. There were hacking threats on Telegram’s servers in 2017.
How to delete the Telegram app?
If you still use Telegram for some reason and want to delete it now a few steps are to be followed. This is the stepwise guide on how to delete your Telegram account. For doing the same you can follow various ways. Before deleting your telegram account, keep one thing in mind that all your data available on telegram will be deleted and it can’t be brought back.
The automatic way of deleting your account is to be inactive on the telegram account for 6 weeks and it will automatically be deleted. But the data in the said account gets saved in the telegram cloud. So, if you decide to again access that account you can regain your data back.
Steps to delete Telegram account:
Haven’t been using telegram for long, finally, decided to delete your account? Here are the easy steps to delete telegram account.
- Step 1: On your device, open the Telegram app.
- Steps 2: Go to settings
- Step 3: Select Privacy & Security
- Steps 4: Scroll down and set time as per you want for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year.
- If you don’t use your telegram account during the set time then it permanently gets deleted.
Steps to manually delete the account.
You can manually delete your telegram account as well. For doing it you have to follow the following steps. To delete your account, you have to go to Telegram deactivation page on a web browser. While following this procedure, keep in mind that the mobile you used to create the account should be with you for validation.
- Step 1: Go to Telegram Deactivation Page on a web browser. You can use any browser and device as well.
- Step 2: Enter your phone no you have used to sign up on the app in international format + (Country code) (city or carrier code) (your phone number).
- Steps 3: On correctly entering your mobile number, you will receive a confirmation code on it.
- Step 4: Enter the Confirmation code and click on sign up.
- Steps 5: The page will then ask why do you want to leave Telegram? It is optional you can either give your feedback or leave it blank and proceed further by clicking on done.
- Step 6: A pop-up screen will appear confirming by asking Are you sure? Click on Yes and delete my account button.
Now, your Telegram account is deleted. If you want to again join the app you will have to wait for a few days after deactivation to join Telegram once more. For more information about other apps check Herald Journalism.